Wednesday 8 August 2012

Reading Along

While plotting and planning what knitting I'll be taking to France with me during my holiday I've got one definite plan sorted: what to read. I rarely have time to read these days between the shop, looking after family and KNITTING. However, I had a great recommendation from another knitter and I love it when that happens so I have a book ready to enjoy.

Beth Kling, the designer behind the fabulous Occitan kit collaboration, mentioned her inspiration for the name Occitan came from a historial novel that she was enjoying reading. It sounded familiar so I wrote to her and asked what the book was. It turns out she also loves Kate Mosse, an author whose books I really enjoy too. We talked about 'The Eight' by Katherine Neville, and realised it is another book we both enjoyed reading. She casually asked if I'd enjoyed the sequel called 'The Fire'. I didn't know there was a sequel! So I instantly got my hands on a copy of the book and am planning on reading as much as I can on holiday. Don't you love it when that happens? You discovered a common author that you and a friend both enjoy and suddenly you have a new book to read that you're sure you'll love.

Perfect! Now I just need to decide on some knitting.....

ppsssttttt  Some of the more beady eyed amongst you may have spotted that TUT has started to move into it's new home. Things are just getting set up and the blog won't be moving just yet. I'll let you know nearer the time when it's time to update your RSS feed.


1 comment:

  1. Water Hack Burns 2 lb of Fat OVERNIGHT

    More than 160,000 men and women are using a simple and secret "liquid hack" to burn 1-2lbs each night as they sleep.

    It's easy and it works with anybody.

    This is how you can do it yourself:

    1) Go grab a drinking glass and fill it up half full

    2) And then do this strange hack

    you'll be 1-2lbs skinnier the very next day!

    ReplyDelete